Sunday 8 April 2012

Another Jamie Oliver Pizza

In his book, Jamie's Italy, from which I previously made and wrote about Pizza Frittas, Jamie Oliver gives a few examples of his favourite pizza toppings. One that struck my eye was egg, proscuito, artichokes, olives, mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil, so I made it for lunch one day.

This pizza not only tasted awesome, it was lovely to look at, as well. So, this post will be composed of mostly pictures. Let's share in this art together.


Roll out your dough.


Tomato sauce, artichokes. See how I made a nest for the eggs with the artichokes? I know, I know.


Gently twist the proscuito as you lay it over the artichokes. Accomodate each olive in the vicinity of your choice. If you have them on hand, Kalamata olives, the ones with the pit still attached, are the best.


Lay the eggs in the "nest". I had some leftover boccochini, so I broke them apart and placed a piece here and there, according to where I saw fit.


Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil, and freshly cracked black pepper. Sprinkle some chunky sea salt on the egg yolks, so they're not bland when cooked. Everything else has enough salt of its own.

Heat your oven to 500'C. While you wait, admire.





Cook until crisp and golden. 







Eat your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment